Today many people choose the United States Postal Service USPS to send their packages to all parts of the country. When you send a package through the USPS, it’s labeled “in transit.” But sometimes, you might notice that your USPS package stuck in transit. If you do not know what it means, why it happens and how to solve it, continue reading.
What does USPS package stuck in transit mean?
The estate USPS package stuck in transit means USPS package not moving. If you see a message that tells your USPS shipment is stuck in transit, it means your package is still en route to being delivered. Unfortunately, in such cases, no one knows where your package is. If you wonder how it might happen, it is good to understand the process of USPS package moves.
First, you give your package to the local post office. Then a USPS freight driver picks up your package to deliver it to the end destination. They scan it before locating it onto the departing truck. Now, you see the label “in transit” in the USPS tracking system. At this level, the driver trucks the package to another USPS delivery station, known as a Network Distribution Center (NDC). Then they route packages out in various directions. Now, packages are ready to be trucked to the next station or delivered to the final destination. The next distribution center will scan the shipping label and update the tracking information.
Now, if you see a USPS stuck in transit message, it means no distribution depot scanned your package in the last 24 hours.
Why is my USPS package not moving?
Previously, I explained what my package is stuck in transit USPS means. Now, let’s see why this might happen to your case. USPS is a popular system of shipment that ships more than 129 billion packages every year. But what will cause your package to miss in this huge system?
Here is a list of possible reasons why you might see your USPS package stuck in transit message:
- Wrong/incomplete address is one of the most common reasons you see this message. If this is your case, contact the USPS support team and fix the address, and they will solve your problem.
- Mis-sorted is another possible issue. In this case, your package might land in the wrong area while the USPS sorting system divides them.
- Sometimes they might lose your package and what you can do is to file a claim and ask for a refund.
- If you are sending an international package it might be stuck at Cross-border customs. Many reasons like customs documents issues, unpaid duty or taxes, or the prohibited package contents can cause this problem.
- Sometimes environmental forces like traffic or bad weather slow down the trucks that carry your package.
- Depots can half process your shipment if it is overweight or in a large size until you pay the difference.
- Improper packaging might cause the couriers to halt the delivery of your package.
How to fix USPS package not moving?
Unfortunately, it is not possible to understand the exact reason for the usps package stuck in transit message. But here are some steps you to do when you see this message.
- Contact The Recipient Immediately
The first step is to contact the recipient and apologize for the package delays. Also, reassure them that you try your best to find the package. It might be helpful to tell them that you will issue a refund or ship a replacement in a few days if nothing happens.
- Contact Your Local Post Office
You can ask your local Post Office staff to help you. Also, you can find the post office supervisor and show him your tracking information. Do not forget to be friendly and patient with the postal employees, so they might respond to you quickly and thoroughly.
- Submit a Search Query Online
If you prefer to do things online, you can submit a customer service request through the online portal on UPS.com.
The support team will search to find where your package is and email you the result.
You can use different systems to send packages in the United States. Some famous ones are FedEx and USPS that in both items you might face errors like the FedEx package stuck in transit or USPS package stuck in transit. If you do not know what it means and how to solve it, read a complete guide about this subject in the above text.